Every couple is different and so is every wedding.
After years of shooting weddings, the number one thing I can advise so that you can have a stress-free wedding is to really plan it.
We find it easiest to start at the end of the day and work backwards from sunset when the light is the most beautiful and soft.
Here is a useful sunset time guide for weddings in Sydney:
January – 8.10pm | April – 5.30pm | July – 5pm | October – 7.10pm
Also you don’t want a rushed wedding day, so please be generous with travelling times.
With all this said, here is what we would consider an ideal wedding day timeline, full day coverage (based on a sunset time of 7.30pm):
• 11:00am Groom getting ready photography
• 11:00am Bride getting ready photography
• 3:15pm Ceremony photography
• 3:30pm Ceremony starts
• 4:00pm Formal Family photography
• 4:15pm Bridal Party photography (location one)
• 5:00pm Bride and Groom photography (location two)
• 6:00pm Reception Venue photography
• 6:15pm Bridal Party entrance
• 7:15pm Romantic photography at sunset (10 minutes)
• 9:00pm Cake cutting
• 9:05pm First Dance
• 10:30pm Bouquet & Garter
• 10:50pm Farewell (Sparkler exit etc)